2013 Queen Alexandra Stakes
The Queen Alexandra Stakes is a conditions race for the real stayers with the longest flat race of the year over 2 miles 6 furlongs. The Royal Ascot betting on the Queen Alexandra Stakes can be tough to assess as a number of the field will be trying this distance for the first time.
Shahwardi was a gallant second in the Queen Alexandra Stakes 12 months ago at Royal Ascot and the French raider will look to go one better on Saturday afternoon as he bids for glory in what is a real marathon test to round off a fabulous week's racing at the Berkshire venue.
David Simcock's No Heretic will step up significantly in distance, but has been in decent form of late, whilst the enigmatic Mad Moose will be another eye-catching runner in the 2m 5f event, with the likes of Chiberta King and Courtesy Call adding more depth to the event.
2013 Queen Alexandra Stakes Betting - Click To Bet
Queen Alexandra Stakes Result 2012
17:35 Queen Alexandra Stakes 2m 5f
1. Simenon - W Mullins - R Moore - 11/4 Fav
2. Shahwardi - A de Royer-Dupre - G Mosse - 33/1
3. Romeo Montague - E Dunlop - J Murtagh - 66/1
Queen Alexandra Stakes Result 2011
17:35 Queen Alexandra Stakes 2m 5f
1. Swingkeel- J Dunlop - T E Durcan - 11/2
2. Elyaadi - J Queally - F M Berry - 4/1
3. Ajaan - Sir H Cecil - T Queally - 10/1
2010 Result Queen Alexandra Stakes (Conditions Race) (2 Miles 5 1/2 Furlongs)
1. Bergo - R Moore - 10/1
2. Aajel - R Hills - 10/1
3. Swingkeel - J Fortune - 9/2
2009 Quen Alexandra Stakes Result
Old timer Caracciola came with a strong late run to claim the final race at the 2009 Royal Ascot. He won going away from Tyrells Wood with Amerigo in third.
- 1sy Caracciola - 6/1
- 2nd Tyrells Wood - 9/2
- 3rd Amerigo - 4/1
Queen Alexandra Stakes 2008 Result
The result was in the balance until the last 50 yards, when Honolulu forged clear and Distinction was the only one to get near him as they were over 10 lengths of the third home.
Queen Alexandra Stakes (Conditions Race)2m5½f, Class 2, ï¿½37,386.00
1 Honolulu 7/4F
2 Distinction 8/1
3 Metaphoric 14/1
Queen Alexandra Stakes 2007 Result
Jamie Spenser got home Enjoy The Moment which made up for disappointment in Tuesday's Ascot Stakes to finish the meeting on a high with success in the Queen Alexandra Stakes. The winner won by three-length win while Baddam edged out the favourite Golden Quest for the minor placings.
1. Enjoy The Moment (Jamie Spencer) 6-1
2. Baddam (Ian Mongan) 4-1
3. Golden Quest (Joe Fanning) 5-2f
12 ran. Dist: 3, ¾
Queen Alexandra Stakes 2006 Result
The final race of the Royal meeting was won by Baddam who won on the first day as well as on the last bringing up a great double for trainer Mick Channon having to come from off a steady pace did well to get his head in front.
1 Baddam 11-2
2 Cover Up 3-1 Fav
3 Vinando 4-1
Queen Alexandra Stakes 2005 Result
Cruzspiel found the first time visor the big difference here as he had finished behind a few of this field on his previous running at Sandown. He was always up with the pace and took it up in the straight to take the final race of the Royal Ascot 2005 festival.
1 Cruzspiel 10-1
2 Cover Up 5-2
3 Al Eile 9-4f
Royal Ascot Day One Results
- 5:35 - Day One Results
Royal Ascot Day Two Results
- 5:35 - Day Two Results
Royal Ascot Day Three Results
- 5:35 - Day Three Results
Royal Ascot Day Four Results
- 5:35 - Day Four Results
Royal Ascot Day Five 2013
- The New One Headlines Two Day Cheltenham International Meeting
- Captain Chris heads the betting for a quality renewal of the Peterborough Chase
- Sire De Grugy shortens in the Champion Chase betting market after Tingle Creek success
- Henry VIII Novices Chase Odds Taquin Du Seuil to star at Sandown
- 2013 Becher Chase Odds Veterans Tipped in Grand National Trial
- Tingle Creek Chase Odds Sire De Grugy The Likely Winner Of Sandown Race
- Winter Novices Hurdle Betting Beat That to land Grade Two prize at Sandown
- My Tent Or Yours Cut For Champion Hurdle After Fighting Fifth Win